Friday, January 04, 2008

2008 new year seeds!

I do a thing with numbers – I’m always looking for the relationship between them; and 2008 is a special number in my analysis. It is such an interesting number; you can add/multiple/divide them all together and get the same binary digits in different ways…and still get the numbers 1 and 0. This tears down any complexity, and in the basic binary numbers, reminds me even more of the yin and the yang; the cause and effect; ebb and flow of life. The solid elements of life, inexplicably tied to the indefinite and mysterious. That is how someone with a diagnosed fatal disease could outlive a completely healthy person who was in a specific location at a specific time. We live with this mixture of ambiguity, certainty and faith day by day; and this year, the numbers seem to be reminding me of this, in case I allow myself to be overly concerned by the “sure things” of the day-to-day.

At the onset of the year, we now have a blank palette to paint all our dreams and hopes for this year. We are in the unique position to make it anything we want. Do we want to be President; to tour the world; to work towards rekindling a broken relationship – or perhaps to end an unhealthy one. It’s not as though this year is any different from the last; nor even any different from the day before that, or the days before, when we were still in the year 2007. In fact, there are lots of different starts to the year, really, so it’s not as though this is the only real opportunity for a blank palette. It’s just the most notable and most recognized occasion. When 01/01/08 rolled in, we felt as though we’d been given a new opportunity; a rebirthing; another chance.

So what is this year going to hold? What real life happenings will take us by surprise? What will we celebrate, and what will we mourn? Just as we have a blank palette on which to start splashing our brilliant yearnings; to rearrange, redress, relieve, release, or restart habits, it will also unquestionably provide some important dates on which very significant, perhaps heart wrenching, or even proud moments will take place. This is not a foretelling - I am no psychic in any regard. Call it a homegrown instinct from all my basic credits in LIFE101 – for the more advanced forecast, you’ll have to wait for my Life Thesis, which is a work in progress!

So as we look forward, with the past and present in mind, lets remember the lessons that we learned, pair those with the emotions and passions of the moment, to provide us the wings that we need to take that leap of hope and faith into the future that 2008 holds. I feel invigorated. I am lucky to enjoy a life of love; tinged, of course, with the sadness of loss, but ever so optimistic and excited about what I can make happen with the formula of my life; I wish others the same realization; and that they get to live, create, experience and share all that they allow to happen in their lives of love. It really starts with what you believe you can do.

I thank those who have contributed to my charter of life, and I am looking forward to the fruits from their “new year seeds”!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home