Sunday, August 03, 2008

I found it!

There are times when you see something thought-provoking, hear an illuminating sound, or smell an intriguing scent, and you know that something about it just moves you and connects in a way that is rare.

That is how I felt when I heard the sound and music of Asa [pronounced Asha], an amazingly talented musician (and of course, it doesn't hurt her cause for me that she is also Nigerian!). Her sound is so different and unexpected, and her music so fresh, that it was impossible for me not to go look for more information about her, and to make sure to add everything that she has done to my small music collection. She has such an important point of view and the message is unmistakeable in her music. She says

"I want to sing for the world, man or woman...I want my word to be positive...I want to inspire the world, I want to change some people before I leave."
Well, she sure changed me! I will be sitting in the first row, next time she comes to the U.S. and who knows, I may even jump ship and go find one of her European concert! And I can't decide on which song is my favourite on her album...I've rarely been in this quandry (So Beautiful is the favourite of the minute, with Jailer, Fire on the mountain, 360 degrees, Bibanké, Subway, No one knows, Awé, and Peace coming in very close seconds!!)

But I can't keep this as my own little secret - good things are meant to be shared, and so please make sure to check out the video below, and then run, don't walk to your nearest music store to support this powerful and unique life-force, and remember to share her with your friends and family! Check out Fire on the Mountain, and Jailer videos below:

Here is the most popular video - Fire on the Mountain:



This is her 2nd official video, I believe. Its Jailer




Don't say I don't look out for you! I've been working very hard at it ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home